If you are planning to start a business in Pakistan, you'll in no time become acquainted with the sales tax return procedural. So, if you are an organized businessman, this procedure simply comprises of official forms, a proper records set, an operational calculator along with some of your time. In Pakistan, sales tax is imposed by the Federal Government on the imported goods as well as goods and services sold and supplied in the country.
Steps to File Sales Tax Return:
You have to follow certain steps to file sales tax return in Pakistan.
- Sales tax return forms can be downloaded from Federal Board of Revenue (FBR)�۪s official website i.e. www.fbr.gov.pk.
- The next step is to login with your company�۪s user ID and password. A window will appear showing your company�۪s profile and previously submitted return files.
- Now click on declaration, if you wish to file sales tax return for a certain month. Select tax year and month for which you�۪re filing the returns.
- The fourth step is to open the Annexure C window. Now click on Add Sale Invoice button and submit your monthly sales. You can view your sales tax profile after adding your monthly sales.
- Next step is to go to Annexure A and clicking on the search button. This will take you the window showing all the monthly purchases. Select them all.
- Now go to e.fbr.gov.pk and make PSID It is created with e-payments.
- When you're done with PSID, submit Annexure C and confirm the return.
- You will find a feed CPR button after confirming the return. Click on it and attach the mandatory CPR of the month.
- Now to finish, go to process & submit button. Your sales tax returns will be submitted successfully.
Important Points to Remember:
- Make sure you submit Annexure C before the 10th of every month.
- PSIDs should be submitted by the 15th of each month.
- The entire sales tax returns filing procedure should take place by the 18th of very month.